zondag 17 maart 2013

Liebster Award


Last week, Ana from Days of Yarning nominated me for the Liebster Award. This award is for starting bloggers and is an encouragement. I was very surprised to know I was nominated! It is a really fun award. In order to claim it I need to tell you, my dear readers, 11 random facts about myself, answer 11 questions Ana has made and nominate 11 blogs with less than 200 followers. And I need to make up 11 questions for those bloggers! I went through my list of blogs that I follow and I think I do not have enough blogs on my list that have less than 200 followers (another rule). We'll see how it goes!

But first things first, Here are my random facts and answers to Ana's 11 questions:

Facts about me:
1. I started going all natural for my hair 8 years ago. Never looked back!
2. Big Man and I actually met during the rehearsals for the wedding party held for our crown prince (soon to be king) and his future wife for their wedding (we were with our own partners as "dansparen")
3. I love sockyarn
4. I have played classical guiter for about 7 years
5. My music taste is very ecclectic: from classical music to doom metal, from progessive rock to pop
6. I like to watch birds in our garden
7. I started crocheting 4 years ago
8. I love starting a project, I hate finishing it!
9. In my first years of teaching, my students often referred to me as "the gothic teacher"
10. I love reading historic novels
11. I am not good at math.

And here are the answers to Ana's questions:
1. Why did you start blogging? 
I wanted to create a place to write down all of my creative stuff and to share it with the world and cram it full with ideas!

2. What is your favorite season and why?
Spring, late spring actually. When the days are getting so warm you can walk around outside without a coat for the first time. I love those days.

3. What is your favorite desert?
Ice cream. As in, special soya ice cream (since I am lactose intolerant). Love it from time to time!

4. Do you usually buy yarn for a specific project, or do you usually think of a project after buying the yarn?
I used to buy yarn on a whim, but I am in the Stashbuster project this year (and last year as well actually) so no yarn buying for me at the moment!

5. Which item do you like to crochet the most?
Shawls! I am such a shawl addict.

6. Where else did you like to live?
I would love to move to England or Ireland. I love the hills and the greens. And the food and beers!

7. What are your favorite colors?
I love black as my main colour. But I also love greens, blues, rusty colours and bright pink.

8. What do you regret you never did?
That is a tough one. I wanted to go hiking through Ireland. Mabye someday I will do it together with Big Man.

9. What is the place that you would like to visit the most?
I yearn mostly for our the city Big Man and I used to live in, the lovely city of Leiden!

10. What is your favorite flower?
Daisies!

11. Name an historical figure with whom you would like to have a conversation with, and why.
I would love to meet Aleister Crowley, and see what he really is. Is he really as cuckoo as they claim, or is he a genius? 

Who I am going to nominate?

I am going try to come up with 5 bloggers and pass along the Liebster Award!

Phew, got to six who had less than 200 followers!

Fellow bloggers, here are your questions!

1. What is your favorite yarn?
2. What is your favorite place in your house?
3. What is the one thing you would not absolutely miss for your craft/hobby?
4. What is your future goal concerning your blog?
5. Do you have a certain daily ritual you would not miss for the world?
6. What is your favorite book?
7. Rock, paper or scissors?
8. Where did you meet your partner?
9. Do you have any pets?
10. If you were to have a crafting/cooking studio, how would you like to decorate it?
11. What is your favorite pie?

Have fun with the questions and pass the Liebster Award on!


2 opmerkingen:

  1. Aleister Crowley was a good choice, I would like to know that too.
    Have a nice day!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Thank you so much for the award Barbara!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

I would love it if you leave a comment! Thank you so much for visiting xXx