maandag 22 april 2013

Knitting and Crochet Blog Week Day 1: The House Cup





Courtesy of "Eskimimimakes"
The first day of the Knitting and Crochet Blog Week!

This week my blog posts will be centered around the topics that Eskimimi Makes has chosen for the blog week, and it will be great to see what everybody's  (read: other bloggers) point of view will be.

Today: The House Cup!

The week starts with a bit of a "war between Houses". The four archetypes of bee, manatee, monkey and peacock will group everyone in a certain house and this is the house you will represent for the rest of the week.

These are all the characteristics of the houses:


The House of Bee: Bees are busy and industrious, but can flit from one interesting project to the next as bright and shiny things capture their interest.

The House of Manatee: Manatees are gentle, calm and cuddly. Relaxed and unflashy they represent the comfort and soft side of knitting and crochet.

The House of Monkey: Intelligent and with a fun loving side, Monkeys like to be challenged with every project presenting them with something new and interesting.

The House of Peacock: Peacocks take something good and make it brilliant. Buttons, embellishments and a bit of sparkle prove that perfection lies in the details – like a Peacock's Tail.

My choice was simple!


I absolutely adore bees (especially bumblebees). Their low, humming, diesel noise in the warm weather is such a pleasant sound. And they are so friendly and seemingly carefree, buzzing from flower to flower, stocking up their paws with pollen.

Concerning crochet projects, I am the same. *She said with a huge sigh*

I hop from project to project with millions of other ideas swirming in my head!

I absolutely love starting with a project but sometimes, when it is too big, I become bored with it and put it in hibernation.

In the past it meant that I would have four or five "work-in-progress" (wip) projects lying around. The fun side was that I could switch between them and try to combat boredom, but the downside was that every project itself  took a very very long time (and I am also a slow crocheter!).

Enter the blog, the burnout and the Stash Buster Project.

These three things together made me learn how to prioritize.

I am still learning though!

At the moment I have only TWO wips, which is a great thing! My hands can cope with these sort of, but my mind?

That is a whole 'nother story :)

Because in my head, when I see something new, my heart skips a beat and I want to grab that hook and start another project!

Maybe I will never learn, but hey, at least crochet is a fantastic creative outlet to keep the fingers busy!



P.S.: want to read more Knitting and Crochet Blog posts from other bloggers? Put the tag "4KCBWDAY1" in Google or another search engine and see what they are writing about! (this is only for day 1, I will update the tag everyday)

3 opmerkingen:

  1. Having only one WIP sounds too much like growing up ;-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Yes indeed, you are totally right :) I don't think I will ever have one wip :)

      Verwijderen
  2. I love reading these; someone else whose blog I read feels she is the Manatee. I can see both Bee and Manatee in myself, I think.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

I would love it if you leave a comment! Thank you so much for visiting xXx