zaterdag 15 juni 2013

Evolution: From Yarn Frustration to Yarn Happy






Sometimes you have this yarn in your stash and you simply have no idea what to make with it.

I still had a red cone of Zpagetti yarn in my stash.... One kilo of yarn ready to get busted!

I had to think quite long and hard for this yarn to decide what to make with it. A pillow case crossed my mind. A shawl. A bag. 

But it all seemed a bit "meh". You know, this yarn is so super bulky that it has a limited options. It is very heavy, quite stiff, and hard to manage once your project gets bigger and bigger. 

The harder I thought, the more I got this nagging feeling of "What on Earth do I have to make with it?" and "I want to bust this yarn so badly!"

For instance, I thought it would be fun to make a cabled pillow case. It did not work out. I had to manouver the whole thing in such weird ways it was no fun at all. And it looked ugly.

I already did make a rug with Zpagetti and it is absolutely perfect for it. It lies down beautifully and can endure some wear and tear!

But I only had one cone.

So I decided on a very small rug.

The inspiration came along by accident. I saw the beautiful block blanket made by Alessandra and after a bit of Googling I came along to a blog where I saw this gorgeous granny circle.

1+1=2, right?



After a bit of puzzling I had this cute little rug, and it lays next to my side of the bed. I think I am going to follow Elizy's idea to get a bit of crochet in every room in the house. I think that would be lovely.

Two rooms down, two more to go :)

Being creative is fun! Here is the pattern for the Granny Circle Flower Rug!

P.S. The Busy Fingers Showing Off link party is open until Sunday evening, please share your creative projects! Let's have some fun!

3 opmerkingen:

  1. Wow!!!
    I think you did a great job!!!!
    thank you for the back link to my post : very kind of you!!!!
    happy weekend, xxxxxx Ale

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you and you are very welcome! You gave me lots of inspiration!

      Verwijderen

I would love it if you leave a comment! Thank you so much for visiting xXx